Hillside Parent Teacher Fellowship (HPTF)
Purpose: The HPTF is a 100% volunteer and social program for all parents, guardians, and grandparent of students at Hillside Academy. If your son/daughter is enrolled in Hillside Academy than you are considered members of the Hillside PTF.
Our goal is to build community through social events and provide extra support for teachers and staff via volunteering.
Monthly meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm in the kindergarten room. We encourage members to bring new ideas to the meetings that may help further our goal of building community and supporting teachers.
Current Volunteer Opportunities:
- Lunch Bunch Volunteer: Serves 1 day a week in a classroom monitoring students during lunch.
- Teacher/Staff Pick Me-Up: The 3rd Wednesday of the month. Bring a small snack/treat for the teacher to let them know how much they are appreciated.
- Pizza Lunch: Serve pizza to the students on Thursday afternoons.
- Teacher Appreciation Committee: Help with setting up the events for the week, in which the families of Hillside Academy recognizes the teachers daily for 1 week.
- Volunteer for other committees/events:
- Halloween Bowling
- Holiday Book Fair
- Annual Auction
- Valentine’s Grams: Help set up and sell candy grams for student’s Valentine’s party.
- Volunteering in classroom: This is arranged through the teacher of your son/daughter.
- Wine and Dine Night: Once a month parents gather at a restaurant. This is a great place to socialize in a relaxed setting.
- The HPTF works with teachers to put together school supply kits for parents to purchase for the upcoming year for their son/daughter. School lists are prepared by the teachers, and then the HPTF representative works with Schoolkidz (Staple company) to prepare the school supply boxes parents can purchase on-line and have supplies delivered directly to the school, one week before school starting.
For more information contact:
Jessica Watson – email@example.com
Kevin Mandoske (Mr. M.) – firstname.lastname@example.org