Hillside Academy is a Private Christian School with a mission to build future innovators through a project-based learning approach emphasizing academics, problem solving, creativity, social skills, faith and character development. We use a STEM (Science, Engineering, Technology and Math) based curriculum to provide students with a core academic foundation to prepare them for the next level in their education based on the philosophy that one size does not fit all.
Hillside’s play-based preschool program, with targeted learning objectives, gives preschoolers the start they need as they enter into kindergarten; our kindergarten and elementary curriculum builds on this foundation by engaging students in hands-on learning so that by middle school students are focusing on real-life applications of the knowledge and the skills they have learned. Our STEM based curriculum is integrated into an interdisciplinary, hands-on learning approach with a variety of specialized programs including fine arts, foreign language, creative movement and music.
Hillside students are encouraged to become global citizens by focusing on developing three key principals in their personal development: (1) how we interact with those around us, (2) showing appreciation for those in our community, (3) expanding our world view so we recognize all we have to be thankful for and how we can use our resources to help those in need. Hillside strives to make our classrooms safe places where students can push past their comfort zones, talk freely about their ideas while accepting and learning from their mistakes.
Creating Innovators for the Future
- Hillside is on the leading edge of incorporating the Project-Lead-The-Way (PLTW) STEM curriculum while leveraging the Arts and other interdisciplinary branches of learning.
- Integrated project based curriculum.
- Small class sizes.
- Practical applications of technology such as creating a “Scratch” animation program for a book report).
- Rich in the Arts; including Theatre, Music, Fine Arts and Foreign Language.
- Physical Education and Creative Movement.
- Student academic services are available for children with dyslexia and other learning difficulties.
Statement of Faith
Hillside Academy’s mission is to help students decipher the messages of our world and to help each student recognize their God given abilities, which they can develop for the betterment of our community and our world.
Hillside Academy does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, color, nationality, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation in its administration of financial policy or admissions.